Program for financing renewable energy projects through long-term financing in national currency or US dollars, to assist firms during the stages of the construction, operation and maintenance of installations.
- National and foreign firms conducting renewable energy projects.
Mexican firms implementing environmental improvements, sustainable projects or Clean Development Mechanisms (CDMs) in their industrial plants, offices, or other facilities should visit Financing for sustainable projects.
3 million US Dollars and above. For financing below this amount, visit PyMEx Credit.
Projects that are technically and financially viable, on the basis of their payment capacity.
Financing may be provided to firms or vehicles with specific purposes, for structured or syndicated projects, for working capital requirements and complementary lines of credit.
- Direct financing to projects.
- Long-term financing.
- Grace period during the project’s construction stage.
- Financing of Added-Value Tax (Impuesto al Valor Agregado—IVA) during construction stage.
- Financing in national currency and/or US Dollars.
- International lines of financing for renewable energy projects such as KFW in Germany and JBIC in Japan.
- Firm or specific-purpose vehicle legally incorporated in Mexico.
- Developers with favorable credit records and experience in the sector.
- Identified source of payment.
- Land plots where project will be conducted.
- Progress made in acquiring permits, authorizations and licenses.
- Progress made in engineering and provision of equipment.
- Application for loan or mandate.
- Copy of legal corporate documents (by-laws and faculties).
- Copies of permits, authorizations and contracts associated with the project.
- Financial model and financial information.
Loan Contract Process
Technical, financial and legal analyses of the project will be conducted prior to authorization of financing.
The transaction will be formalized through loan contracts, in accordance with the project’s characteristics.