Banco Nacional de Comercio Exterior, S. N. C. has implemented safety and protection mechanisms to guard your information whenever you visit this financial portal.
However, we need your help to prevent the risks involved in the use of electronic Internet services to secure your transactions.
We thus make the following safety recommendations:
1. Prevent potential fraud or identity theft by not lending out your codes or passwords, not putting them within another person’s reach, and not leaving them next to your computer or in a file.
2. Your passwords are confidential; thus, Bancomext should never ask for your token or password information under any circumstances.
3. Bancomext will not send you emails asking for your personal data, codes or passwords. Please do not respond to any emails requesting this type of information and report any such events to your bank representative by phone or in writing addressed to: email@example.com.
4. It is always advisable to change your password every 30 days, or sooner, if you believe your data has been exposed. Try to refrain from reusing your passwords for at least eight months.
5. Do not use family or pet names, anniversary dates, etcetera. Make sure your password is hard to decipher, use upper and lower caps and numbers and associate them with a phrase that is easy to remember.
6. Try to type in your access codes or passwords when no one else can see what you are typing.
7. Use your corporate network for transactions and avoid using public services or computers in hotel Business Centers, cybercafés, restaurants, airports, etcetera.
8. Do not leave your computer unattended after you open a transaction or query session, until you complete and close your session.
9. Do not install or use “pirated” software in your computer.
10. Use and keep your antivirus software updated.
11. Update your operating system and applications with the safety patches manufacturers provide to reduce or eliminate system vulnerabilities.